KITCO Ltd, with it's design and consultancy experience in more than 17 aviation projects, has emerged as the leading consultancy organisation in the avaition domain.
The journey began with it's pioneering role in the design and project execution of CIAL airport, at Kochi. Besides setting up this airport in a cost effective manner, it also provided avenues to supplement aviation revenue through city side development projects. CIAL was the first greenfield airport to be set up in a Public Private Participation (PPP model), where KITCO played a pivotal role by carrying out a technical and financial feasibility study.
Operationalisation of Kannur International Airport (KIAL), the fourth international airport in Kerala, further underlined the capability of KITCO Ltd, in aviation infrastructure development.
The comprehensive study of Electrical Systems at King Abdul Aziz International Airport at Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and design of the New Terminal Building and ATC Tower at Qarn Alam Airport, Sultanate of Oman are some of the projects undertaken by the aviation Division.
AREAS OF OPERATION
- Airport Infrastructure
- Planning and development of Aerotropolis
- MRO Facilities
- Air Cargo Complexes
- Air Field Development
- ATC Infrastructure
- Aircraft Hangars
- Techno – Economic Feasibility Studies
- Land Adequacy and Suitability Studies
- Preparation of Detailed Project Reports
- Master Plan Preparation
- Right sizing of Airport projects
- Investment Decision Advisory for PPP Projects
- Design and Detailed Engineering
- Project management Services
Phone: +91-484-4129000 / 6129000
Key project under execution and undertaken
Expansion of Integrated Terminal Building at Mangaluru International Airport
KITCO has been awarded the Project Management Consultancy for modification and expansion of existing Integrated Terminal Building at Mangaluru International Airport. The assignement includes Monitoring and supervision of construction of Passenger Terminal Building related to the entire MEP, Airport Systems works and interior finishing works at par with the international standards.
Perishable Cargo Centre, Kochi
- The project is an initiative of Cochin International Airport Ltd. (CIAL) and Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) in PPP model.
- The facility is set up an area of 35 acres adjacent to the airport. The complex would have a full-fledged cool room facility for a variety of vegetables, fruits and flowers, besides another for poultry and livestock products.
- The complex on a built-up area of 1,800 sq metres will have six chambers. The total project cost is Rs.15.2 Crores and is expected to handle 25,000 tonnes of cargo p/a.
Trade Fair Cum Exhibition Centre, Cochin Airport
- In order to attract more business towards the aerotropolis and trade fair cum exhibition center is also planned near the airport. The planned area is 4400 sqm which is completely air-conditioned which can accommodate around 150 stalls of 15 sqm each.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs.11.25 crores. Facilities like Auditorium, Conference Hall, Business centres, etc. are also planned inside the building. Facilities like car park and outdoor displays for advertisements are planned for outside building.
Airport and Aircraft Museum, CIAL, Kochi, Kerala
- An Airport Museum is being set up by CIAL to showcase the history of the airport, milestones of aviation in India and the world, invention and evolution of aircrafts.
- Models of helicopter, passenger flights, cargo flights, fighter planes and bomber aircrafts will also be displayed.
- Information and display of Airport equipments including ATC equipments, safety equipments, are provided. Facilities such as a theater for children and simulators are planned in the II phase.
Aerotropolis, CIAL, Kochi, Kerala
- CIAL is setting up a state-of-the-art Aerotropolis with Aircraft Maintenance. Repair and Overhauling (MRO) facility, Aviation Academy, 18-Hole Golf Course with Country Club, Airport Hotels, Airport Hospital, Trade Fair Cum Exhibition Center, Logistics Centre, Amusement Park, Cultural Village and Shopping Malls.
- The new facility is being set up in 450 acres of land near the airport with technical consultancy provided by KITCO.
Aircraft Maintenance Hangar, CIAL, Kochi, Kerala
- This is a project of Cochin International Aviation Services (CIASL), a subsidiary company of Cochin International Airport Ltd.
- The phase I of this project is constructed in an area of 32 acres with Hangars for Airbus A320, Boeing 737, Dornier and Embraer aircraft.
- The built-up area is 5500 sq.m which consists of two hangars. There is a spare parts shop of 6500 sqm., with its adjoining facilities like apron, run up bay, taxiway link measuring to 32,000 sqm. In the second phase more facilities will be added.
An Aviation Institute for conducting Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) course is also being constructed.
Rajahmundry Airport, Andhra Pradesh
- Rajahmundry Airport is an important airport located on the Krishna Godhavari basin having access to Chennai and Hyderabad Airport.
- Considering the traffic potential and new operational infrastructure being built-up at Rajamundry Airport, a New Terminal Building complex capable of handling 150 domestic (75 incoming + 75 outgoing) passengers is being constructed by Airports Authority of India with the technical consultancy of KITCO.
Hanger & Associated Facilities At IGRUA, Uttar Pradesh
Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA) at Rai Barelli, Uttar Pradesh is an aviation training centre owned by Government of India. Expansion of the facilities at this centre was entrusted to KITCO by Airports Authority of India. The work is now under progress.
Pantnagar Airport, Uttarkhand
KITCO was engaged to prepare the master plan & design of the new passenger terminal for Pant Nagar Airport which boarders Nepal and the Himalayas mainly aiming at the development of the new State through pilgrim tourism. The terminal is being designed to handle 50 incoming and 50 outgoing passengers. The work is under progress.
GAGAN Project, Bangalore, Karnataka
This was a unique project undertaken by KITCO for Airports Authority of India, New Delhi, involving construction of buildings to house a satellite- based augmentation system for Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) constructed at Bangalore Airport.
Aurangabad Airport, Maharashtra
- Aurangabad Airport has helped attract more tourists to the heritage sites in the region especially the Ajantha & Ellora caves.
- KITCO was entrusted with the work of master planning & design of a new integrated passenger terminal for the Airport with a capacity of 450 incoming and 450 outgoing passengers.
Ahmedabad International Airport
The expansion of Ahmedabad International Airport was undertaken by KITCO to handle 800 passengers at a time in the domestic arrival block. The building was design with the most modern facilities as per requirements of Airports Authority of India.
Vishakapatanam Airport, Andhra Pradesh
- Vishakapatanam Airport is the second busiest airport in Andhra Pradesh set up in the port city and industrial center of Vizag. A new Integrated Terminal Building Complex capable of handling 400 domestic (200 arrivals and 200 departures) and 300 international passengers (150 incoming + 150 outgoing) is being constructed by Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- KITCO is providing technical consultancy for the new terminal building designed as a two- level complex housing both domestic and international arrivals and departures with provision for passenger boarding bridges in the first floor.
- The terminal building that has been designed for large span structural grid with high ceiling and connected areas have been provided with facilities as listed below.
Salalah International Airport, Sultanate of Oman
KITCO has been awarded with pretender activities for estimation and preliminary design for the development of Salalah International Airport, for Ministry of Transport and Communication, Sultanate of Oman. KITCO has made a strategic alliance with a well reputed global firm in Oman for bidding this work. The post tender activities including detailed design and development of drawings for construction will also be awarded upon obtaining this bid.
King Abdul Aziz International Airport, Jeddah
- Technical evaluation and survey of electrical installation at King Abdul Aziz International Airport at Jeddah were done by KITCO.
- The scope of work, in general, was to study the entire electrical installations of the Airport, monitor its present condition and suggest the replacement that are required to make the systems updated and perfect for its futuristic operations.
Kannur International Airport Ltd (KIAL), Kerala
- Kannur International Airport is the second greenfield airport to be set up in Kerala in PPP mode.
- Airport to come up in 2000 acres of land in Moorkhanparambu area and expected to have an annual traffic of more than one million international passengers and 0.3 mn domestic passengers.
- The orientation of the runway is 07/25 which permits obstacle free approach.
Cochin International Airport Ltd (CIAL), Kerala
- CIAL is India’s first greenfield airport built under Public Private Participation (PPP) and proves the capability of KITCO to undertake big and small airport projects from concept to commissioning.
- The project was executed at a low overall cost of Rs 300 cr (US$ 67 Mn) and executed with a shorter time span of 30 months with no working day lost due to labour unrest.
- The project and its execution became a case study for Harvard University
- Modular design based on global standards helped in expansion of the airport in stages. In 5 years, it became the fourth largest airport in India in terms of passenger traffic.
- It was also rated the second best after Auckland Airport for profitability-turnover ratio.
- Subsequently, KITCO successfully provided consultancy services for the ambitious expansion programme of CIAL which included the expansion of the International Terminal – T3, building with a built up area of 15 lakh sq.ft.