KITCO Ltd, with it's design and consultancy experience in more than 17 aviation projects, has emerged as a leading consultancy organisation in avaition domain.
KITCO Ltd was the consultant for the Cochin International Airport Ltd, Kochi, the first greenfield airport to be set up in a Public Private Participation (PPP model) in the country. Operationalisation of Kannur International Airport (KIAL), the fourth international airport in Kerala, further underlined the capability of KITCO Ltd, in aviation infrastructure development.
The comprehensive study of Electrical Systems at King Abdul Aziz International Airport at Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and design of the New Terminal Building and ATC Tower at Qarn Alam Airport, Sultanate of Oman are some of the projects undertaken by the aviation Division.
AREAS OF OPERATION
- Airport Infrastructure
- Planning and development of Aerotropolis
- MRO Facilities
- Air Cargo Complexes
- Air Field Development
- ATC Infrastructure
- Aircraft Hangars
- Techno – Economic Feasibility Studies
- Land Adequacy and Suitability Studies
- Preparation of Detailed Project Reports
- Master Plan Preparation
- Design and Detailed Engineering
- Project management Services
Phone: +91-484-4129000 / 6129000
Expansion of Integrated Terminal Building at Mangaluru International Airport
KITCO has been awarded the Project Management Consultancy for modification and expansion of existing Integrated Terminal Building at Mangaluru International Airport. The assignement includes Monitoring and supervision of construction of Passenger Terminal Building related to the entire MEP, Airport Systems works and interior finishing works at par with the international standards.
Perishable Cargo Centre, Kochi
- The project is an initiative of Cochin International Airport Ltd. (CIAL) and Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) in PPP model.
- The facility is set up an area of 35 acres adjacent to the airport. The complex would have a full-fledged cool room facility for a variety of vegetables, fruits and flowers, besides another for poultry and livestock products.
- The complex on a built-up area of 1,800 sq metres will have six chambers. The total project cost is Rs.15.2 Crores and is expected to handle 25,000 tonnes of cargo p/a.
Trade Fair Cum Exhibition Centre, Cochin Airport
- KITCO was the consultant for setting up of Trade Fair Cum Exhibition Centre at CIAL, in order to attract more business towards the aerotropolis.
Airport and Aircraft Museum, CIAL, Kochi, Kerala
- Airport Museum was established at CIAL to showcase the history of the aviation industry.
- Scaled Models of helicopter, passenger flights, cargo flights, fighter planes and bomber aircrafts that are displayed in the museum give a glimpse to the developments in the aviation industry.
Aerotropolis, CIAL, Kochi, Kerala
- KITCO prepared the concept to Aerotropolis for Cochin International Airport. The key components of the Aerotropolis project are Aircraft Maintenance Repair and Overhauling (MRO) facility, Aviation Academy, 18-Hole Golf Course with Country Club, Airport Hotels, Airport Hospital, Trade Fair Cum Exhibition Center, Logistics Centre, Amusement Park, Cultural Village and Shopping Malls.
Aircraft Maintenance Hangar, CIAL, Kochi, Kerala
- The project includes Hangars for Airbus A320, Boeing 737, Dornier and Embraer aircraft in a built up area of 5500 Sqm with an additional spare part shop of 6500 Sqm.
- An Aviation Institute for conducting Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) course is also a part of the project.
Rajahmundry Airport, Andhra Pradesh
- KITCO was the consultant for construction of the new Terminal Building Complex at Rajahmundry Airport.
Hanger & Associated Facilities At IGRUA, Uttar Pradesh
Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA) at Rai Barelli, Uttar Pradesh is an aviation training centre owned by Government of India. Expansion of the facilities at this centre was entrusted to KITCO by Airports Authority of India.
Pantnagar Airport, Uttarkhand
KITCO was engaged to prepare the master plan & design of the new passenger terminal for Pant Nagar Airport.
GAGAN Project, Bangalore, Karnataka
This was a unique project undertaken by KITCO for Airports Authority of India, New Delhi, involving construction of buildings to house a satellite- based augmentation system for Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) constructed at Bangalore Airport.
Aurangabad Airport, Maharashtra
- KITCO completed the master planning & design of a new integrated passenger terminal for Aurangabad Airport.
Ahmedabad International Airport
The expansion of Ahmedabad International Airport was undertaken by KITCO.
Vishakapatanam Airport, Andhra Pradesh
- KITCO succesfully completed the new integrated Terminal Building complex of Vishakapatanam Airport.
Salalah International Airport, Sultanate of Oman
KITCO completed the pretender activities for estimation and preliminary design for the development of Salalah International Airport, for Ministry of Transport and Communication, Sultanate of Oman.
King Abdul Aziz International Airport, Jeddah
- Technical evaluation and survey of electrical installation at King Abdul Aziz International Airport at Jeddah were done by KITCO.
- The scope of work included the study of the entire electrical installations of the Airport, monitor its present condition and suggest suitable replacement.
Kannur International Airport Ltd (KIAL), Kerala
- Kannur International Airport is the second greenfield airport to be set up in Kerala in PPP mode.
- KITCO Ltd extended design & PMC services for operationalising Kannur International Airport.
Cochin International Airport Ltd (CIAL), Kerala
- KITCO was the consultant for CIAL, India’s first greenfield airport built under Public Private Participation (PPP).
- The project and its execution became a case study for Harvard University.
- It was also rated the second best after Auckland Airport for profitability-turnover ratio.
- Subsequently, KITCO successfully provided consultancy services for the ambitious expansion programme of CIAL which included the expansion of the International Terminal – T3, building with a built up area of 15 lakh sq.ft.